Deep Purple have officially announced what we reported last month. They will release an album covers,Turning to Crime, on November 26th.
It contains 13 songs written or made famous by Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Cream, Little Feat, Love and others.
The first single is a cover of Love's "7 and 7 Is." A video for the song will premiere on November 13th.
Produced by Bob Ezrin, Turning to Crime is Purple's 22nd studio album, and first since Whoosh!, which came out last year.
Turning to Crime track list:
- "7 and 7 Is" (Love)
- "Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu" (Huey "Piano" Smith)
- "Oh Well" (Fleetwood Mac)
- "Jenny Take a Ride!" (Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels)
- "Watching the River Flow" (Bob Dylan)
- "Let the Good Times Roll" (Quincy Jones)
- "Dixie Chicken" (Little Feat)
- "Shapes of Things" (The Yardbirds)
- "The Battle of New Orleans" (Jimmy Driftwood)
- "Lucifer" (Bob Seger System)
- "White Room" (Cream)
- "Caught in the Act" --Medley of" Going Down" (Freddie King);"Green Onions" (Booker T and the M.G.'s);"Hot ‘Lanta" (Allman Brothers Band); "Dazed and Confused" (Led Zeppelin); and "Gimme Some Lovin’" (Spencer Davis Group)