Let's face it friends: We're in for a tough summer! Your electric bill will be CRAY! Here's a few ways you can help yourself reduce energy consumption during peak usage time, 3-7pm:
Ways to conserve money and energy include:
- Setting thermostats between 78-80 degrees and bump it up a few degrees when away from home.
- Using fans in occupied rooms.
- Turning off all lights and appliances, and unplug electronic equipment when not in use.
- Close blinds and drapes in rooms to block direct sun.
- Hold off using appliances such as the dishwasher, washer and dryer during peak hours.
- Grill outside instead of using the stove or oven.