The North Texas Tollway Authority will be demolishing the remaining half of the old Tennyson Parkway bridge over the DNT. NTTA plans to reconstruct the bridge in phases to accommodate the addition of a fourth lane in each direction of the DNT.
NTTA has coordinated this closure with the cities of Plano and Frisco. Delays are expected and drivers are urged to proceed with caution in the construction area.
The following closures will run from 11 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday:
- All northbound lanes of the DNT from the Spring Creek Parkway exit to the Headquarters Drive entrance ramp
- All southbound lanes of the DNT from Gaylord Parkway to the Spring Creek Parkway entrance ramp
- The southeast-bound and northwest-bound direct-connector ramps from the SRT to southbound DNT
- The northbound DNT direct-connector ramp to southeast-bound and northwest-bound SRT
- The northbound entrance ramps from Windhaven Parkway and Spring Creek Parkway
- The northbound exit ramps at Legacy Drive and Headquarters Drive
- The southbound entrance ramps from Gaylord Parkway, SH 121 and Legacy Drive
- The southbound exit ramps to Legacy Drive and Spring Creek Parkway
According to the NTTA, Tennyson Parkway over the DNT will be open to traffic. The structures are separated and demolition of the south half of the bridge is expected to not impact traffic on the north portion.
For more information about upcoming closures on NTTA roadways, go to the “Scheduled Lane Closures” link at www.ntta.org.